Topic: Some queries on iRedMail

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RHEL 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I want to propose iRedMail with iRedAdmin-Pro to company.  There are some queries that I have to clarify first as listed below.

1. My company has serveral subsidiaries using same domain name.  I want to separate them by ou on LDAP.  May I create different ou by iRedAdmin-Pro and manage them?

2. May I configure staff ID as login name instead of mail address?

3. Does vacation enable on iRedAdmin-Pro instead of on WebMail by user?

4. Does iRedMail support High Availability?

Thanks & Best Regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Some queries on iRedMail

SaimanHOW wrote:

1. My company has serveral subsidiaries using same domain name.  I want to separate them by ou on LDAP.  May I create different ou by iRedAdmin-Pro and manage them?

iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro place all mail users under one ou (ou=Users), and mail groups under ou=Groups. So you cannot use iRedAdmin-Pro to achieve this.

SaimanHOW wrote:

Is username part in email address OK for you? If so, it's ok, and it only works for ONE mail domain.

SaimanHOW wrote:

Vacation is available on webmail.

SaimanHOW wrote:

4. Does iRedMail support High Availability?

No.

For example: If my staff ID is h123456 and my mail address is one@company.com.  Is it possible to use staff ID for login ID?

I want to set vacation message by administrator only.  Can it be disabled on WebMail and set it on iRedAdmin-Pro by administrator?

SaimanHOW wrote:

For example: If my staff ID is h123456 and my mail address is one@company.com.  Is it possible to use staff ID for login ID?

iRedMail forces users to use email address as login id by default. But i believe you can modify Postfix/Dovecot config file to achieve this.

Just curious, why do you haveto use staff id as login id in your company/business?

SaimanHOW wrote:

I want to set vacation message by administrator only.  Can it be disabled on WebMail and set it on iRedAdmin-Pro by administrator?

You can disable it in webmail, but unfortunately, iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't support vacation management in the latest stable release and upcoming release.

It is because fetching e-mails from current mail server and accessing Internet are using staff id and password.  If it is possible, I want to keep on using this method.

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

SaimanHOW wrote:

It is because fetching e-mails from current mail server and accessing Internet are using staff id and password.  If it is possible, I want to keep on using this method.

If you can set different LDAP filter for the application used to control internet accessing, then you're ok to use staff id.
Just use a ldap filter to query with staff id, then it's done.