Topic: Cluebringer webui user authentication on CentOS

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0-rc1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS
====

Hi ZhangHuangbin !

I've checked your new full changes on iRedMail 0.9.0-rc1 and I've notest that you replaced mod_auth_mysql/pgsql by apr-util-mysql/pgsql for Awstats/Cluebringer webui user authentication on Debian/Ubuntu. Would that be possible to CentOS also ?

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cluebringer webui user authentication on CentOS

CentOS 7 uses the new component (apr-util-mysql/pgsql).

Thank you !

If I'm using CentOS 6.5 all I need to setup Cluebringer webui auth is to install apr-util-mysql or do I need to change any config files?

CentOS 6 ships Apache-2.2, it works with mod_auth_mysql/pgsql, so you don't need to replace it by apr-util-mysql/pgsql.

But if you still want to replace it for some reason, try this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic7928 … rting.html

Right! I'm using Apache v2.2 with CentOS 6.5 and mod_auth_mysql is installed.
Having a fresh iRedMail installation when I use: https://mydomain.com/cluebringer it asks for auth, using copy paste from the email "Details of this iRedMail installation" to avoid mismatches ... it refuses to login!

# cat ssl_error_log
[Mon Oct 20 16:20:55 2014] [error] [client 172.31.30.101] user postmaster@mydomain.com: password mismatch: /cluebringer

Any hints ?
Thank you

What's the encryption algorithm of this user password? SSHA or MD5?

algorithm = SSHA512

I can login with no problems on iredadmin and roundcube ... but cluebringer refuses !

> select username,password from mailbox;

+---------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| username                           | password                                                                                                                        |
+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| postmaster@mydomain.com | {SSHA512}Oxora3IyWEK6rNuIgtd9eoXhpZiFNnohmTu3rh0iZ/STiBsMMrRt8fIuepRidQofdm1H |
+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

By the way, if you have iRedAdmin-Pro, you can manage Cluebringer with iRedAdmin-Pro and stay with SSHA512.
---------------

Seems apache htpasswd doesn't support SSHA512 and SSHA. I'm afraid that we have to switch back to MD5 as default password encrypt algorithm on SQL backends.

What a sad choice, we have SSHA512 support in other applications, and 'BCRYPT' on FreeBSD and OpenBSD, just not work in Awstats/Cluebringer webui. So we have to switch back to MD5.

Maybe it's better to use 'SSHA512/BCRYPT' as default encrypt algorithm, if you want to let some admins login to Apache web applications, change password for them to MD5. We should encourage better security (stronger password in this case).

Yes ! I do have IredAdmin PRO running on my server.
But isn't Cluebringer more complete to manage rules and policies ?

digitalbit wrote:

But isn't Cluebringer more complete to manage rules and policies ?

Well, it's not that 'user-friendly'.

True!

Your developed interface it's a must have wink

But can I perform all settings from cluebringer on iRedAdmin-Pro ?

digitalbit wrote:

But can I perform all settings from cluebringer on iRedAdmin-Pro ?

Unfortunately, no, at least not with the latest stable release of iRedAdmin-Pro and upcoming release.
What features in Cluebringer ui do you need?