1 (edited by wdphd 2014-11-09 04:20:47)

Topic: Installing iredmail on seperate server

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Is it possible to install iredmail on a seperate server such as Amazon EC2 and configure it to use the production server domain which is present on different provider such as Compute Engine/Linode? Are adding the MX records in the production server sufficient for this to work? iredmail to be configured on examplemail.com and production server is at example.com

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installing iredmail on seperate server

I don't quite understand your point.

*) iRedMail is for mail service, it's ok to deploy it on a separate server.
*) Is "example.com" on production server a mail domain name, or a web site?
*) You can deploy web site on one server, and mail service on another server. Mail service requires DNS MX record, web site uses DNS A record.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I don't quite understand your point.

*) iRedMail is for mail service, it's ok to deploy it on a separate server.
*) Is "example.com" on production server a mail domain name, or a web site?
*) You can deploy web site on one server, and mail service on another server. Mail service requires DNS MX record, web site uses DNS A record.

Thank you for the response. I have configured my mail server(examplemail.com) to send and receive emails from example.com.

I'm facing two problems right now.

a) The email sent from iredmail(Roundcube) panel ends up in spam folder. I have pointed the dkim and spf records to the right values. The view source option in the email shows that both spf and dkim passes. But still ends up in spam folder.

b) If i send an email from gmail or hotmail to contact@example.com, it takes almost 5-10 minutes to receive the new mail. Work arounds?

*) DKIM/SPF help prevent your email to be marked as spam, but it doesn't mean it won't be marked as spam. Also, it depends on spam rules on recipient server.
*) Caused by Greylisting, it's enabled by iRedMail. Check http://greylisting.org/ to understand how it works.

Hi Sir'

Please Help

i have configure and install mail succefully on centos 6.5 .But mail not reciving any domaine so plaese help.