Topic: Whitelist does not appear to be working

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.8.2 MySQL
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Logs don't show anything about this issue that I can see.
====

I have several e-mail addresses and domains I've added to the Whitelist through iRedAdmin, but e-mail from those addresses and domains continue to be blocked as spam. I've been looking through logs for the past several hours and can't see reasons in the logs that tell me that Postfix is asking clubringer and that cluebringer is finding the entry in MySQL etc. Where do I need to look to figure out what's going on?

Tom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Whitelist does not appear to be working

Currently, whitelists are stored in Cluebringer database and not read by Amavisd. Although Cluebringer whitelisted this client, Amavisd still performs spam/virus checking on this email and blocks it if it's a spam. That's why it happened.

In upcoming iRedAdmin-Pro release, user can add their own whitelist/blacklist with self-service support, it's stored in Amavisd, and we have a plugin for iRedAPD to reject emails from blacklisted senders before it enters Postfix mail queue.

It seems pretty silly then to include a whitelist function if it's not going to be obeyed.

How long until this new version comes out? My users are getting rather irate that they've been adding entries to the whitelist and it's not working.

One other question, how do I stop filtering of local user's outgoing e-mail? For example, if someone that's part of 'mynetworks' sends an e-mail, it goes through amavis currently to be checked. I want to bypass amavis for any locally generated e-mail and just send it along.

Thanks,
Tom

pappastech wrote:

How long until this new version comes out?

Soon.
iRedMail-0.9.0-rc2 was released days ago, if no other issues, we're going to release iRedMail-0.9.0 final edition. and iRedAdmin-Pro will be released at the same time.

pappastech wrote:

One other question, how do I stop filtering of local user's outgoing e-mail? For example, if someone that's part of 'mynetworks' sends an e-mail, it goes through amavis currently to be checked. I want to bypass amavis for any locally generated e-mail and just send it along.

Check our document:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/disable.sp … mails.html

More documents:

- http://www.iredmail.org/docs/
- http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/

I already followed that document months ago actually...my outgoing mail is still being scanned. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Nevermind...my eyes are playing tricks on me. I think I figured it out.

Thanks.