Topic: Need help with SMTP authentication

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====Hello I just purchased your support for $39 from the email attached to this forum account and the transaction ID: 5P680622AC7020035

I am using iRedMail version 0.8.7 and have installed it onto CentOS using the MySQL backend.

I am currently trying to connect to the SMTP server using a web based mass emailing tool (which is configured correctly and worked with other SMTP solutions before like Amazon AWS). However the iRedMail server is sending back an error saying that my web based tool needs to be authenticated: http://gyazo.com/2b8f10f4e1969de4d3ed3a0cdea765df

I have no option to turn on SMTP auth in my tool so I would like to turn it off completely on the iRedMail server but cant figure out how. So far I have tried to edit the file /etc/postfix/main.cf and changed:

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_sender_login_mismatch, permit_sasl_authenticated

to this:

#smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_sender_login_mismatch, permit_sasl_authenticated
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated

then I changed this:

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8

and made it:

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, MY_SERVERS_IP

But none of these steps have worked for me. Can you please recommend further action I should take and get back to me ASAP.

Many thanks
Karl

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Need help with SMTP authentication

Hi Karl,

I replied your email, please check your mailbox.

Re: Need help with SMTP authentication

Hi sent you a couple emails regarding this now please respond!

Tried a new web host as we found out the host we was using blocked outgoing SMTP requests but after changing hosts we have a new error message:

Connection could not be established with host 91.121.181.101 [Connection refused #61]
Log data:
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
!! Connection could not be established with host 91.121.181.101 [Connection refused #61]