Topic: Script for user creation

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello!
New to the iRedMail forum. First, I would like to thank you for the great work with putting together this excellent bundle. We have a pro version of the admin panel and it's worth the investment.

Now we want to automate the user creation with a bash script. I noticed the create_mail_user_OpenLDAP script on the tools directory. Does it work with the latest version? There is a comment that says that is does't work with the latest version due to ldap changes.
Is it possible to fix the script so it works with the latest version of iredmail and the new ldap schema?

And on the future development, do you plan to write some sort of API, so we can connect and use 3rd party apps and scripts? The auto user create is good for a start :)

Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings from Slovenia
Tom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Script for user creation

slovenka wrote:

I noticed the create_mail_user_OpenLDAP script on the tools directory. Does it work with the latest version?

If you're running iRedMail-0.8.7, then use the script shipped in iRedMail-0.8.7.

slovenka wrote:

And on the future development, do you plan to write some sort of API, so we can connect and use 3rd party apps and scripts?

What features/APIs do you need?

Thank you for a quick response!
I will try to add a user with the latest script.

Regarding the API, I'm interested in general things, some listed bellow (though bash script or json/xml api):
-Create, update (quota, language, throttling, aliases etc) and delete domains
-Create (already done), update (similar as above) and delete users
-Create DKIM and all the things needed. (I think we can write this one)
-Maybe some statistics like top senders and recipients, and the most needed is for failed send mails

Thank you guys for your support!

slovenka wrote:

-Create, update (quota, language, throttling, aliases etc) and delete domains
-Create (already done), update (similar as above) and delete users

Planned.

slovenka wrote:

-Create DKIM and all the things needed. (I think we can write this one)
-Maybe some statistics like top senders and recipients, and the most needed is for failed send mails

No plan, sorry.

We will then write the DKIM part. We can share it, so other users can also automate the DKIM creation.

Regarding DKIM, we thought of creating simple script that does all the things that are written on the wiki. We can help to write more advanced script (connection with ldap/mysql, so you can check which domains have dkim enabled, though iredadmin and then the script does the rest), but we have simple scripting skills. Just started with ldap.

Maybe I can start new topic regarding auto DKIM creation?

With the statistics, we will figure something up. Simple log parsing may be ok for a start, but I think there are better solutions. Do you have any suggestions?

Can you maybe share a timeline when is the API (with the features) planned?

Thank you very much!

slovenka wrote:

Maybe I can start new topic regarding auto DKIM creation?

Do it if you want.

slovenka wrote:

With the statistics, we will figure something up. Simple log parsing may be ok for a start, but I think there are better solutions. Do you have any suggestions?

Maybe you can try 'mailgraph' instead.
http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch

slovenka wrote:

Can you maybe share a timeline when is the API (with the features) planned?

Hope to start after released upcoming release.