Topic: Domain-Active directory issue

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/) :  LDAP Authenticated with MS Active directory
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS release 6.6 (Final)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello ,

I don't know if any one faced this problem before or even it's doable configuration but i'll try to explain as much as I can.

now I have installed Iredmail server successfully and fully integrated it with MS AD.

the issue is the internal domain for my organization is example.com (Internal domain)
and I have the same domain example.com (published online )already registered online with a cloud mail service.
the thing is I need to publish the iredmail server so I must register a new domain and it will be for sure different than the internally domain (example.com) will be able to use the new external domain (example2.com) without losing the active directory authentication ???
is it doable ?
the username should be mailuser@example.com internally but externally it must be mailuser@example2.com

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain-Active directory issue

You have to hard-code mail domain name in Dovecot/Postfix config files to use 'example2.com'. It's mentioned in our integration tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/active.directory.html