51

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Please don't close the source to iRedAdmin Pro.
We maintain a number of patches that are specific to our use case, e.g. no 'user with mailbox as admin', no 'set user as admin'
Additionally, we rely on several tweaks for display/branding/integration purposes.

We would be willing to pay more for access to the unobfuscated source.

Alternatively, we would have to rebuild the core functionality of iRedAdmin Pro on top of plain old iRedAdmin. We would prefer not to reinvent the wheel.

52

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

host2904 wrote:

We maintain a number of patches that are specific to our use case, e.g. no 'user with mailbox as admin', no 'set user as admin'
Additionally, we rely on several tweaks for display/branding/integration purposes.

Dear @host2904,

This is not the proper way to maintain your own tweaks. You'd ask us to add required hooks so that you can add features without modifying iRedAdmin-Pro source code. I'm willing to implement this if you share more details. contact me directly if you want to go this way: zhb _at_ iredmail.org.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

53

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Hello,

We have recently purchased a 1 year licence for iRedAdmin-Pro (MySQL) - valid till around Dec-2015.

We need to know the pricing for the product that will be after that date. This is important in terms of budget planning.

1) What will be the appoximate cost for around 400 mailboxes?
2) What happens if I don't purchase any licence after Dec-2015?

54

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

swaclawski wrote:

1) What will be the appoximate cost for around 400 mailboxes?

We plan to sell editions with less mailboxes first (e.g. 10, 20), others have to buy the unlimited edition.

swaclawski wrote:

2) What happens if I don't purchase any licence after Dec-2015?

Your installed iRedAdmin-Pro still works, but no bug/security fixes, new releases from us.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

55

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

:-/
I was going to buy a lifetime licence to impement my company's email hosting solution just yesterday, when I found out you were going to make it close source :-(
...I hope new licences will be available soon and there will still be a reason to buy it...
A sad almost-client,
-A.

56

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

As is typical for me, I have procrastinated on reading this post until the final hours of January. But I expected that, when I finally read this whole thread, I'd find the new pricing scheme, do a little basic maths, and decide whether or not to purchase an upgrade to a lifetime licence.

But now I find there is *NO* pricing plan in place yet! How am I supposed to make a decision on whether or not to take this final opportunity to upgrade to a lifetime licence? How much is it going to cost me to renew my licence when it expires in October? Can anyone point me to a new rate structure that I have obviously missed?

57

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Dear customers,

Here's the final decision:

*) Full source code of iRedAdmin-Pro will be available to paid customers, just like old days. We don't go close source.
*) Additionally, to benefit small companies and home/family users, we will offer a 10-user edition of iRedAdmin-Pro (without source code) for FREE. Coming soon.
*) Price of NEW one-year license is slightly increased to $499. http://www.iredmail.org/pricing.html
*) Annual renew fee is $250 for additional 1 year, $400 for 2 years, $500 for 3 years. http://www.iredmail.org/admin_renew.html

By the way, a bugfix release is coming.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

58

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Wow, great news!

Also, I think the 10-user edition idea is a good one. Hopefully it will allow potential customers to see the benefits of iRedAdmin-Pro.

Thanks, Zhang!

59

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

"Additionally, to benefit small companies and home/family users, we will offer a 10-user edition of iRedAdmin-Pro (without source code) for FREE. Coming soon."

10 total? Or 10 per domain? Just curious as my family has like 10 domains (school projects, etc).

60

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

dnk wrote:

10 total? Or 10 per domain? Just curious as my family has like 10 domains (school projects, etc).

10 mailboxes total, not 10 per domain.
Don't forget we still have iRedAdmin open source edition available, you can add unlimited mail (user) accounts with it.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

61

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for making this clear. I think that having a 10-mailbox level for free is a good idea to help people test the full product before buying a licence.

I hope that this brings in the extra revenue that you need to keep iRedAdmin afloat and growing.


Craig

62

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Hi Zhang,
I just installed 10 user pro version and wanted to say thanks very much, its a great idea and you have a great piece of software.

63

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

deejc wrote:

I just installed 10 user pro version and wanted to say thanks very much, its a great idea and you have a great piece of software.

Enjoy. smile

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

64

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

I have seen the new version notification, and I come back here to know what decision you have made. And YES you heard your users!! Many Thanks.

And the surprise to be able to use pro version for 10 users is a good deal to make conversion when users grow.
With this I will propose to my small customers to have dedicated server and it is better for you that to pooling on a single server.

It's a happy day, thanks for that!

65

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

I'm curious, what happens when you reach 10 Mailboxes in the Free Pro Edition? Will it not let you create any more? What if you create them manually using SQL Tools? Will the panel then shut down, or what exactly will happen?

66

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

You cannot create, manage more than 10 users/aliases accounts, otherwise it will raise an (expected) error message to remind you it exceeds license limit (10 accounts).

Of course you can create more accounts with sql/ldap command line tools, no problem at all. Just cannot manage more than 10 users/aliases with iRedAdmin-Pro 10-user edition.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

67

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
dnk wrote:

10 total? Or 10 per domain? Just curious as my family has like 10 domains (school projects, etc).

10 mailboxes total, not 10 per domain.
Don't forget we still have iRedAdmin open source edition available, you can add unlimited mail (user) accounts with it.

I seem to be able to create 10 per domain? Is this not intended?

68

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear customers,

Here's the final decision:

*) Full source code of iRedAdmin-Pro will be available to paid customers, just like old days. We don't go close source.
*) Additionally, to benefit small companies and home/family users, we will offer a 10-user edition of iRedAdmin-Pro (without source code) for FREE. Coming soon.
*) Price of NEW one-year license is slightly increased to $499. http://www.iredmail.org/pricing.html
*) Annual renew fee is $250 for additional 1 year, $400 for 2 years, $500 for 3 years. http://www.iredmail.org/admin_renew.html

By the way, a bugfix release is coming.

Seriously excellent offer. This was a great choice. I can get many new clients onto the 10 mailbox  and they can grow later.

I might offer one thought. At our company we have 23 mailboxes, only 10-12 of them are real the rest are placeholders and ways to authenticate with the server. 2 are taken for archiving emails, 4 or 5 are used to provide email from various devices like webcams and printers, 3 or 4 are old employees we like to see their email. This sort of forces us to not use either the 10 user free or the unlimited. I thought about it and if I could manage 50 mailboxes I would pay $120 per year with not much thinking, $10/month. I realize the administration of it would be more complex but something in between would be great.

New question is it possible to go back to the totally free iRedMail after using the the iRedMail?

69

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

jpforte wrote:

I might offer one thought. At our company we have 23 mailboxes, only 10-12 of them are real the rest are placeholders and ways to authenticate with the server. 2 are taken for archiving emails, 4 or 5 are used to provide email from various devices like webcams and printers, 3 or 4 are old employees we like to see their email. This sort of forces us to not use either the 10 user free or the unlimited. I thought about it and if I could manage 50 mailboxes I would pay $120 per year with not much thinking, $10/month. I realize the administration of it would be more complex but something in between would be great.

This is the reason why i want to price iRedAdmin-Pro based on number of mailboxes, to benefit more customers with affordable price.

jpforte wrote:

New question is it possible to go back to the totally free iRedMail after using the the iRedMail?

iRedMail is always free. no problem at all.
if you mean going back to iRedAdmin open source edition with unlimited accounts, or paid iRedAdmin-Pro, no problem too.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

70

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Dear all,

I'm sorry to inform you that we have to temporarily stop offering free 10-user edition due to TECHNICAL issue, unfortunately, i have no idea when it will be back.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

71

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear all,

I'm sorry to inform you that we have to temporarily stop offering free 10-user edition due to TECHNICAL issue, unfortunately, i have no idea when it will be back.

It could be useful for users if you explain how to downgrade back to the Free Admin panel from the Free Pro version, or create a bash file to do it for them, as the loss of updates for the Free Pro will impact a portion of your userbase, that is if you cannot fix the technical issue I reported in the Free Pro version

Similar to this but 'Upgrading' onto the Free Branch again. http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or … admin.html
The simple version of the downgrade from iRedAdmin Pro 10 User Edition => iRedAdmin Free goes something like this:
Download the latest iRedAdmin [currently 0.4.1] from: http://www.iredmail.org/yum/misc/ save into /root/

# cd /root/
# tar xjf iRedAdmin-x.y.z.tar.bz2
# cd iRedAdmin-x.y.z/tools/
# bash upgrade_iredadmin.sh

That should be enough for most cases, correct me if I'm wrong.

72

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

Just link /var/www/iredadmin (on RHEL/CentOS) or /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin (Debian/Ubuntu) to iRedAdmin open source edition, that's all.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

73

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear all,

I'm sorry to inform you that we have to temporarily stop offering free 10-user edition due to TECHNICAL issue, unfortunately, i have no idea when it will be back.

I am a user of 10-user edition version. Could I know what problem about this version? Or I don't know whether should I continue to use this version or not. I have offered my users to use this version as domain admin, so that will cause a problem if (1). I downgrade to original version (2). this version has critical bugs. There is a dilemma. If this version is safe to use, then I can still use it until you solve the problem or buy paid version if my users wanna upgrade.

Thanks.

74

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

10-user edition doesn't have critical bug if you're talking about features, it's safe to use. It's a technical issue about how we build a 10-user edition.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

75

Re: Upcoming license term changes of iRedAdmin-Pro, occurs on Feb 01, 2015

I am very sad that no longer exist, the 10 user version. -.-