Topic: Mailbox where helo_access.pcre is not applied ?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7 x64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

Is there a way to create a mailbox where helo_access.pcre is not applied ?

Romain

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mailbox where helo_access.pcre is not applied ?

Would you mind sharing why you don't want to apply helo checks on this account?

I want to include an email address in reject messages, like "reject-error@mydomain.com", where users can write if they think the reject was not justified.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you want. sad

Let's say someone try to send me an email, and it's rejected by a rule in helo check, like "ACCESS DENIED. Your email was rejected because the sending mail server does not identify itself correctly".
I think in 99,9% the reject will be justified.
But imagine it's not.
I want this external sender to be able to contacft me on a special address, where this check will not be done, so he can explain why it's a mistake to reject his email, and I will be able to fix any issue in my helo_access file.

You can comment out this rule temporarily, and contact sender server administration to fix this issue. Is it ok?

Hum yes this is a workaround but not really what I ask... but if it's impossible to specify to Postfix to not apply this check to a specific mailbox, that's probably the best solution.

themen wrote:

but if it's impossible to specify to Postfix to not apply this check to a specific mailbox

I have no idea. Sorry.