Topic: Can i use Mysql LDAP

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 2.11.0 (postconf -n mail_version)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: please to find the log bellow
====

hello Evry body i would like to know if it is possible to youse mail server backend mysql and at the same time use ldap for SSO (Ssignon) ??

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can i use Mysql LDAP

Why you can't use OpenLDAP backend directly?

because i want t have the vmail folder in the network and the appache dovecot postfix in the DMZ
and you told me that mysql bckend is easy to manage and debug !

actually  i am using LDAP backend with server 2012 r2 AD

Thanks for suggestions

no one can tell me ? !

You can choose only one backend to store mail accounts, so if you want to use both MySQL and OpenLDAP to store mail accounts, that's impossible with iRedMail.

i.zakaria wrote:

because i want t have the vmail folder in the network and the appache dovecot postfix in the DMZ

What's the issue with current iRedMail setup?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can choose only one backend to store mail accounts, so if you want to use both MySQL and OpenLDAP to store mail accounts, that's impossible with iRedMail.

i.zakaria wrote:

What's the issue with current iRedMail setup?

my issue is that now evry thing is in DMZ !  and this is bad thing from the point of view of the Security !

i want to stock vmail/vmail1 in an other server inside the network with ssl

Internet
                                                                                          |
                                                                                   FireWall________DMZ (web SMTP IMAP ..)
                                                                                        |
                                                                                        |
                                                                                       DB /  PMS ....AD ....

If you want to move some components outside DMZ, just setup the same components outside DMZ, then update config files of other components to use them. There's nothing we can do with iRedMail right now, you have to do it manually.