Topic: ahbl lists shutdown

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: rh 6.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello I can see in my log

(helo/hostname mismatch); in rhsbl.ahbl.org (in reply to RCPT TO command))

on http://www.ahbl.org/ I can see it had been taken down.
Should I remove following lines

# Now, single zone BLs follow:

# another domain-based blacklist
header DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL      eval:check_rbl_envfrom('ahbl', 'rhsbl.ahbl.org.')
describe DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL    Envelope sender listed in dnsbl.ahbl.org
tflags DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL      net
reuse  DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL

from
/usr/share/spamassassin/20_dnsbl_tests.cf

If not where can I disable it.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: ahbl lists shutdown

If you update SpamAssassin rules regularly, it should be disabled by SpamAssassin project.

Do you have file '/etc/cron.d/sa-update' on your server? Open it and read some lines to make sure it's enabled.

3 (edited by phillipsjk 2015-01-15 12:06:32)

I had the same problem. For me, the fix was to:

1. Set the score for ahbl to 0 after finding out what it is called:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post29696.html#p29696

2.  Remove references to blocklists in the "smtpd_recipient_restrictions" variable in /etc/postfix/main.cf.
Specifically, the string:"reject_rbl_client dnsbl.ahbl.org,"

My thread on the subject: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic8513 … olved.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have file '/etc/cron.d/sa-update' on your server?

What to do if I don't have it? Will just "sudo apt-get install sa-update" be enough or does it require some configuration changes? I have Ubuntu 12.04 and an old iRedMail version 0.8.3. Thanks for your support! smile

5 (edited by phillipsjk 2015-01-15 12:15:48)

jarkkolinnanvirta wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have file '/etc/cron.d/sa-update' on your server?

What to do if I don't have it? Will just "sudo apt-get install sa-update" be enough or does it require some configuration changes? I have Ubuntu 12.04 and an old iRedMail version 0.8.3. Thanks for your support! smile

It should be part of the spamassassin package. If your version of spamassassin is 3.3.1 like mine is, 'sa-update' won't help (unsupported because it is too old).

You can check the installed version with:

dpkg -l spamassassin

You may have to manually disable the block-list in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf (the first link in my previous post).

Thanks, phillipsjk!

My version is 3.3.2, so I guess that's too old also. Anyway, I don't care anymore about making the auto updating work. (I originally thought that it would be a good thing to have, but perhaps it's not a must). I will disable this manually. Thank you for your nice instructions! smile Let's see if I manage to get it working.. If not, I'll be back.

If you're running Debian/Ubuntu, you should check file /etc/default/spamassassin instead, set 'CRON=1' in this file.