Topic: Install Question

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am thinking about using iRedMail and I had a couple of questions about the install process.

1. I already use an LDAP server for several other services, is it possible to point the various components that iRedMail installs to that LDAP server instead of having it install its own?
2. I am not interested in webmail, can I disable the RoundCube installation?
3. Can I use nginx instead of apache for any web based content that iRedMail installs (assuming there is any with RoundCube disabled)?
4. How can I enable SSL for IMAP and SMTP? (I didn't see this in the documentation but its possible I overlooked it)

thanks a lot,
Max

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Install Question

queuecumber wrote:

1. I already use an LDAP server for several other services, is it possible to point the various components that iRedMail installs to that LDAP server instead of having it install its own?

iRedMail has its own LDAP schema, so you must include this schema file on your existing OpenLDAP server. (is it OpenLDAP?)

queuecumber wrote:

2. I am not interested in webmail, can I disable the RoundCube installation?
3. Can I use nginx instead of apache for any web based content that iRedMail installs (assuming there is any with RoundCube disabled)?

Yes. If you tried to install iRedMail once, you will notice this.

queuecumber wrote:

4. How can I enable SSL for IMAP and SMTP? (I didn't see this in the documentation but its possible I overlooked it)

Enabled by default.
About SSL for SMTP, we use SMTP over TLS (port 587, submission) instead, not SMTPS (port 465, smtp over SSL).