- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: v1.9.2 (MySQL)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I see in logs that majority of spam messages come from address webmaster@<domain>. <domain> is always different. I tried to add webmaster@* to global blacklist but it disappears from it after I click Save.
Do you know if it's possible to add webmaster@* to blacklist to quarantine all mails that came from webmaster@<any_domain>?

Regards,
Roman

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: webmaster@<any_domain> blacklist

'user@*' is not considered as a valid sender address in iRedAdmin-Pro white/blacklist module, so it discards it.

I will provide you a patch to fix it later.

UPDATE:

*) With next release of iRedAdmin-Pro, you're able to use 'user@*' as white/blacklist sender.
*) It requires next release of iRedAPD, otherwise 'user@*' will be ignored. Related commit log:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredapd/commi … 88edebb440

Thanks a lot. We'll wait.

For now I solved it by adding a row:
[qr'^(webmaster)@'i  => 7.0],
to a variable inside /etc/amavisd.conf named @score_sender_maps.
So this will soft-blacklist all webmaster@* senders because from now their spam score is 7 and this is higher than $sa_kill_level_deflt (6.2).

BTW, it can one more improvement to iRedAdmin-Pro, I mean soft-whitelisting and soft-blacklisting.

What does 'soft-white/blacklisting' used for?

I took this approach from this article http://www.akadia.com/services/postfix_ … Blacklists

Instead of hard black- or whitelisting, a softer approach is to add score points (penalties) to the SpamAssassin score for mail from certain senders. Positive points lean towards blacklisting, negative towards whitelisting. This is much like adding SpamAssassin rules or using its white/blacklisting, except that here only envelope sender addresses are considered (not addresses in a mail header), and that score points can be assigned per-recipient (or globally), and the assigned penalties are customarily much lower than the default SpamAssassin white/blacklisting score.