Topic: Cannot turn off throttling

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, I have throttling enabled under System->throttling but when I try an disable it the checkbox keeps getting rechecked.  I have throttling on one domain but I want to turn it off for all the rest.  Bug?

Robert

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot turn off throttling

It sounds like a bug in iRedAdmin-Pro.
May I know the version number of iRedAdmin-Pro you are running?

iRedAdmin-Pro    v1.9.2 (MySQL)

It also will not turn off in domain throttling as well at the system level.  Its now preventing mail being delivered.  Any quick fix in the DB I can do?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It sounds like a bug in iRedAdmin-Pro.
May I know the version number of iRedAdmin-Pro you are running?

I cannot reproduce this issue.

*) Do you have correct SQL username/password of Cluebringer database in iRedAdmin-Pro config file?
*) How did you turn off throttling? Please show me detailed steps you did.
*) Is it possible to let me login to your server (via ssh) to debug this issue?

Hi, I havent changed any passwords.  This is a new server build only less than a month old.
I cant turn off throttling - thats my problem.  However, I turned it on by enabling the check box under System/Throttling and under the domain config/throttling.  I enabled it and now disabling by unchecking the box and hitting save only resets the checkbox enabled again.  No errors.  Just cannot uncheck it and Save.  This is the same for System level and Domain level.
I can grant you SSH access but could we not debug this differently?  Or modify through the DB config setting?

I will grant SSH access if you let me know what you want to do - we can do this through screen share or something.

robert

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I cannot reproduce this issue.

*) Do you have correct SQL username/password of Cluebringer database in iRedAdmin-Pro config file?
*) How did you turn off throttling? Please show me detailed steps you did.
*) Is it possible to let me login to your server (via ssh) to debug this issue?

Dear temabu,

I need ssh access to login to server, and root privilege to modify iRedAdmin-Pro source code for debugging, checking Apache/Nginx log files.

My time zone is GMT+8, I can try to debug it tomorrow morning.

Hi,

Had the same problem on a fresh iRedAdmin-Pro v1.9.2 (MySQL). It seems to be a bug in libs/cluebringer/throttle.py. If there are existing rows in 'cluebringer.quotas_tracking', deleting them fails using an incorrect 'trackkey' and subsequent trys to delete 'quotas_limits' and 'quotas' fail also, due to database constraints. Manually removing the appropriate rows in 'quotas_tracking' before trying to disable throttling solves the problem.

For a permanent solution, I think delete_quotas_tracking_by_quota_limits_id() should be used for the cleanup but I'm not deep enough into iRed to really judge on this...

best regards
Thomas

OK, i will try to reproduce this issue and come back to you if i have some progress.
Sorry about this trouble.

Confirmed, this is a bug in the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release, and it's fixed moment ago. This fix will be available in upcoming iRedAdmin-Pro release.

Thanks for your feedback.