==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello!
We are very happy with iredmail, but now we want to expand a little. We want to implement DBMail, so we can store mails in postgresql. I followed the tutorial on the wiki:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ckend/RHEL

..but it seems little outdated. The version of dbmail is now 3.1 and some other things are different now.
I didn't try to implement it yet, will try it on test server first, but before I have some questions about the integration:

-is dbmail still supported with the last version of iredmail and iredadmin(in our situation with ldap back-end)?

-do you recommend dbmail and what are it's downsides and does it support all the functions that are default in iredmail that we currently use?

-I noticed that dbmail does not support starttls native. how is then the ssl handled?

-can we migrate all the databases from mysql to postgresql? Users are in LDAP, mysql is just for amavis, roundcube, sogo, iredamin and cluebringer.

We mainly need it for manipulating (mostly selecting) mails through sql and in the future for high availability and scalability.

Thank you very much for your answers!
Greetings from Slovenia

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: DBMail postgresql and iredmail

slovenka wrote:

-is dbmail still supported with the last version of iredmail and iredadmin(in our situation with ldap back-end)?
-do you recommend dbmail and what are it's downsides and does it support all the functions that are default in iredmail that we currently use?

In the outdated wiki tutorial, DBMail acts as POP3/IMAP/SIEVE server and LDA/LMTP (so that it can store emails in SQL db). iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't support account management for DBMail. You should try DBMailAdmin as web admin panel instead (which is developed by me, but not maintained anymore, it may not work the latest DBMail):
http://www.dbmailadmin.org/

slovenka wrote:

-I noticed that dbmail does not support starttls native. how is then the ssl handled?

Please check DBMail document instead.

slovenka wrote:

-can we migrate all the databases from mysql to postgresql? Users are in LDAP, mysql is just for amavis, roundcube, sogo, iredamin and cluebringer.

Didn't try it before. With DBMail, you have to use Cyrus-SASL for smtp authentication, i'm not sure it supports password hashes with prefixed password scheme like this: {SSHA}xxxxxxx. But Dovecot does.

slovenka wrote:

We mainly need it for manipulating (mostly selecting) mails through sql and in the future for high availability and scalability.

What's the problem with Maildir mailboxes?