1 (edited by ahsiangsiang 2010-05-04 17:20:40)

Topic: need advice on iredmail deployment

Hi Guys,

here the scenario, 1 iredmail server in HQ, 1 iredmail server in branch A, one email domain (xxx.yyy).
for example, both HQ and branch have total 5 email users, user A, user B, user C, user D and user E.
iredmail server in HQ contain all 5 users account, iredmail server in branch A contain 2 users account (user D and user E).
any email to xxx.yyy will go to iredmail HQ and iredmail branch A will pull user D and user E's emails from iredmail HQ.
user D and E will use iredmail branch A as relay and user A, B and C will use iredmail HQ as relay.
so, user D and user E will get email sent by user A, user B and user C cause all 5 users account in iredmail HQ.
user D and E can sent email to each others cause they account is in branch A iredmail but how about user D and E send email to user A, B and C, the server should reject them with unknown recipient due to iredmail branch A can't find user A, B and C, am i right?

in this case, how should i deploy the iredmail? can i configure: other users than D and E with same domain direct send to iredmail HQ? using postfix transport?

thanks for help.

regards,
ahsiangsiang

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: need advice on iredmail deployment

your requirement is

in main office build a iredmail server 1, contain five user,a,b,c,d,e in example.com

now branch office, plan install iredmail server 2 for the user d,e use, the user would iredmail server 2 sent and receive email

seem you need to use fetch mail feature in branch office,

you install iredmail server 2 , create a domain example.com , create user d, and e, setting the two user account fetch mail from iredmail server 1.

now iRedMail have not support fetchmail. maybe you need test it.

Seems easy to implement with per-user transport map and global 'relayhost' setting.

Assumed ip addresses:
- HQ: 192.168.10.10
- Branch A: 192.168.10.20

In HQ:
- Create domain xxx.yyy
- Add your users: user A-E
- Set per-user transport for user D & E, point to Branch A, e.g. smtp:[192.168.10.20]:25. So all mails arrived in HQ will be forwarded to Branch A directly (WARNING: it won't save a copy in HQ)

In Branch A:
- Create domain: xxx.yyy
- Add your users: user D & E
- Set 'relayhost' in postfix, point to HQ. e.g. relayhost = [192.168.10.10]. So that all users in Branch A will use HQ as  a relay server.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great info. I have clear picture now.

Hi Shake,

Ya. i will install fetchmail inside iRedmail.

Will post up in success story once done and donation for this great mail server.

Hi Zhang,

Can iRedAdmin Pro able to configure per-user transport map and global relayhost? If yes, we will consider buy it. Thanks

Thanks once again.

ahsiangsiang wrote:

Can iRedAdmin Pro able to configure per-user transport map and global relayhost? If yes, we will consider buy it. Thanks

Per-user transport was already implemented. But you have to edit postfix main.cf to set 'relayhost'.

But i suggest you test it before purchasing to make sure it fit your need.

http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/user_profile_relay.png

6 (edited by ahsiangsiang 2010-05-10 17:39:40)

Hi Zhang,

Thanks but is there any trial run for iRedAdmin Pro available for download. I only can see here is paid then download.

Demos are available:
http://www.iredmail.org/admin_demo.html