1 (edited by bodkov 2015-04-05 22:04:16)

Topic: Debian 8 Compability & Awstats not working

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.90
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7 Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have been using iRedmail since 1.5 years now for my 3 subdomains and it's working like a charm.

But since the Debian 8 Release is coming up (25th April 2015) I was wondering if iRedmail could break due to the switch from the old Init System to systemd?

And another issue that I have is that since I separated my three subdomains into single folders /var/www/subdomain.name/public_html/ my awtats isn't generating any stats anymore. It's just empty. And I'm not quite sure where to look for the errors

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Debian 8 Compability & Awstats not working

iRedMail-0.9.0 doesn't support Debian 8, i will test Debian 8 RC2 these days. Thanks for your remind.

bodkov wrote:

But since the Debian 8 Release is coming up (25th April 2015) I was wondering if iRedmail could break due to the switch from the old Init System to systemd?

You should follow Debian upgrade tutorial to switch from SysV to systemd.

bodkov wrote:

And another issue that I have is that since I separated my three subdomains into single folders /var/www/subdomain.name/public_html/ my awtats isn't generating any stats anymore. It's just empty. And I'm not quite sure where to look for the errors

Add new awstats config files in /etc/awstats/, e.g. siteA.conf, siteB.conf, then configure them to use different log files.

After that, you can access them with URLs:

https://[server]/awstats/awstats.pl?config=siteA
https://[server]/awstats/awstats.pl?config=siteB

Dear bodkov,

Just a quick update you may be interested: the latest iRedMail development version works on Debian 8 (jessie), tested with Debian 8 RC2. Will do some more testing when final release comes out. And i'm waiting for OpenBSD 5.7 which is scheduled to be released on May 1.