- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I just upgraded my Ubuntu to 14.04 and now my iRedMail is no longer working. I thought perhaps I overwrote a config file somewhere in the upgrade process that broke the iRedMail configuration, but I'm not certain about that.  I found another thread that seemed similar to my problem, but I couldn't find some of the configuration options and files it talked about, so I could not complete all the steps:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic7928 … rting.html

I cannot log into my email anymore, although the roundcube login page still comes up. I sent a couple of emails to my iRedMail account.  One was rejected with the message "No MX or A records for <domain>".  The second one didn't get returned, so I don't know if it arrived and is sitting there for when I get the mail server running again, or if it just vanished. Also, when I try to access the iRedAdmin web client I get an Internal Server Error.

I'm not an expert Linux admin, so there may be things I failed to check, but any assistance in getting my mail server up and running again as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 and now iRedMail 0.8.6 is not working

You're best off getting a Support Ticket as this seems a little too complex for a Forum Topic to sort out http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

When you purchase a support ticket, is it normal for them to request root access to your server, rather than try to walk you through diagnosing and solving the problem?  That seems a bit risky.

Either is a choice for you at that point, ssh would be faster and more effective and ZhangHuangbin is the only one, but you can do it over instructions of what he would do at each stage with you

And he is reliable that I don't have to worry about him poking into my system with root access?  Something you should be wary of giving anyone whom you don't know.

Frankly, it's fairly risky giving MYSELF root access, as this issue demonstrates. lol

If ZhangHuangbin wanted root access he could have put a backdoor into iredmail or iredapd
You can trust him, I voluntarily help out by the way so have nothing to gain from saying that. But you're right to worry about root access, why not take an offsite backup before authorising his ssh key so nothing is permanent

*) SSH access is the fastest way for me to solve issue, others like TeamViewer/VNC slow down the procedure, and i really dislike them for remote support.

*) Using root user is not risky, but using root without carefulness is risky. The point is your mind. Just like a knife can be used to kill something, but we use it to cut fruit too. smile