======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10.0 inside Jail
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi there!

First of all, I want to say Thank you for such a good thing (i mean iredmail)!

I have 2 questions.

1) I want to move roundcube from jail host to master host (with already running apache2.4). And it seems like I should: install roundcube from ports, configure needed virtualhost on httpd.conf, configure roundcube. How do you think - is it enough? And how i should to configure fresh roundcube to work with jailed services?
2) I want to use different mysql server. Can you tell me which config files (and how) i should modify?

Regards, Xdevelnet

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Moving to different mysql server and moving roundcube

1) Looks like enough - could even just copy and paste the Roundcube dir and set up httpd.conf for it. Roundcube only interacts with PHP, MySQL (through socket OR port) and IMAP (through port)
2) You'll have to modify a LOT of config files. I can't even begin to list them, all the SQL Lookups for Postfix, same for Dovecot, Amavis, iRedAPD, and a few more.

7t3chguy wrote:

1) Looks like enough - could even just copy and paste the Roundcube dir and ...

It's better to install roundcube through ports tree, so that you can easily upgrade it.

A remind before you export/import Roundcube database: Roundcube stores server address in SQL database, so if you don't use '127.0.0.1' as sql server address, all personal address book will "disappear" after export/import. The actual address book are there, you just need to update the SQL server address in Roundcube sql db.

ZhangHuangbin, 7t3chguy
tnx a lot!

So, moving roundcube isn't too hard.
Moving other software to different mysql server seems to be difficult (not difficult at all, but it's easy to make a mistake).

I found, that installer script support MYSQL_* env. variables (exactly what I need!). But it didn't support REconfigure and/or REinstall. Can you tell me, is it possible to run fresh install without deleting>installing all software again? It takes hours!

Thank you!

Not with the stock script. You could modify it to remove all the segments which install the packages