Topic: Slow Incoming Mail Delivery

I upgraded my iRedMail server to 0.9.0 a few months ago and instantly experienced slow incoming mail delivery issues.  My company has been living with it but I thought I would reach out to see if anyone has any ideas.

All mail is eventually delivered but what used to take a few seconds to a minute for most incoming mail to show up is now taking 15 to 30 minutes.  I have tried disabling the anti-spam and anti-virus but that had no impact.  I have checked the mail queue in Postfix and nothing.  I even watched some mailboxes using the ls command to see if it was dovecot or something and nope.

It is almost like the ISPes are connecting and not quite liking what they are seeing and thus delivery is taking some time.  Gmail deliveries are within 5 minutes or so but that's it.  What is also odd is even internal (account to account on same server) is taking 15 to 30 minutes.  Also to answer your question no the server isn't overloaded or out of memory.  In fact often the server has 99% idle CPU and over half its RAM is free.

I really don't get it.  I have mess about in the configuration files, Google it, restarted services, etc and nothing is having an impact.  All was fine on previous version.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeremy

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS 6.5 64-bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Slow Incoming Mail Delivery

I was going to say it'd be greylisting, as we have that enabled by default, but that shouldn't apply internally.
This is handled by Cluebringer
I'm not sure on the location of the config file on CentOS.
It should be something like
/etc/cluebringer/cluebringer.conf
and change
[Greylisting]
enable=1

to enable=0
then restart the cluebringer service.

Re: Slow Incoming Mail Delivery

Thank you very much that was it!

I had tried turning that off in the GUI panel but that didn't make a bit of difference.

I had to do things a little different:

1) shell> vi /etc/policyd/cluebringer.conf
2) I didn't have greylisting enable but I did have it as a loaded module. So I just removed the module from the list and saved.
3) shell>/etc/init.d/cbpolicyd restart

I am not sure why it didn't work when I disabled the AV and AS scanning but whatever.  I disabled graylisting and sent an email from an external password reminder and it arrived in mailbox before I could hit check mail (like it did before update).

Thank you again!  This has been driving me crazy.