Topic: Limitation on the amount of emails sent?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello,

every 1st of each month we are sending thousands of emails to our clients for their monthly statements and it seems emails are being delayed due to the amount of emails sending from our mail server.

my question is it possible to have a second identical mail server working in cluster and handling the emails going out splitted between the two servers?

can i achieve that using HaProxy? what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Chrysanthos

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Limitation on the amount of emails sent?

iRedMail doesn't limit the amount of emails you can send. If you have unexpected issue, please try to gather related log in Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog), and paste here, so that others can help.

Zhang,

thanks a lot for your reply,
shall i check for any specific error message?

Thanks

Did you get any error or bounce message when it reaches limit? either in your mail client or mail log (/var/log/maillog).

Assuming:
Zhang, its not being limited; its just slower than he'd like. He'd want Postfix to split the queue among two servers it seems so that it is *theoretically* twice as fast to ship out the thousands of e-mails quicker.

The administrator limits it

7t3chguy

thats correct i would like to "split" the postfix to ship out more emails quicker. what is the best approach for that?

helensyk, what do you mean the administrator limit it ?

thanks for your help.

Disable 'content_filter=' line in /etc/postfix/main.cf will speed up a lot. but you'd better read this tutorial BEFORE you do so:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html