Topic: Is iRedMail the silver bullet for mail solution?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: not installed yet
- Store mail accounts in which backend: PGSQL preferred
- Web server: wont be running
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Sorry for the stupid question, but I've been struggling with it for years.

I have a VPS for my personal stuff which is also, running my mail server. Because manually configuring a mail server is next to impossible for me (it always fails after struggling for days with config files, or at best all my sent emails go to spam), I had to install virtualmin and webmin, but it's like getting a gorilla holding a banana when only asking for a banana.

The question is: is iRedMail an easy and (almost) zero configuration solution to run a mail server? requirements are fairly simple: one user, two or three mail boxes.
No web-interface is required as checking/sending emails is done through GMail using POP3 and SMTP.

That's it! It's alright if my emails are available to Google folks as they are just personal non-important emails (for some reasons I can not use Google's paid services, running a VPS is my only solution).

so, is iredmail the minimal, easy to install, working solution one would be looking for?

a thousand thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is iRedMail the silver bullet for mail solution?

iRedMail works as soon as you're done through our installer. After installation, server reboot, you pop open our iRedAdmin interface and create the mailboxes you want. From then it should be just linking it to your GMail Account to receive e-mails on.

I think iRedMail is ok for you. at least much less work required. I suggest you spend your 10 minutes and give it a try. smile

4 (edited by loolooyyyy 2015-05-10 20:57:34)

Excellent then! iRedMail is a go :D

thanks for your time, and best wishes.