==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi Zhang,
I really want to say thank you for creating iRedmail. It has helped me leave Gmail though I am still having small hiccups(but nonetheless its been helpful). i am right now trying to figure out a way to manage all email contacts. I know LDAP is useful for this. Do you know any quick way to load all gmail contacts onto the LDAP server?
Please advise.
Thanks
Kevin

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP storage for contacts : Any quick recommendations

Export your Google contacts as CSV
Use the Import tool within Roundcube WebMail
(If you'd like them stored in LDAP, then make sure the Addressbook you import into is held in LDAP)

hi 7t3chguy,
thanks for your input.
if i import it into roundcube, it wont have contact sync, email sync with mobile devices client etc.

If its on LDAP server, all contacts and emails can by synced.  Correct?
Is there an easy way to activate the LDAP server on iredmail?  and an easy way to import contacts into the ldap server?

You are using MySQL Backend which by default configures addressbooks to be in MySQL for Roundcube, you can Roundcube to store them in LDAP as you'd like and then the Import would put the data in the right place.

Import them into SOGo, then it will be available through CalDAV protocol, all client applications which support CalDAV protocol can sync these contacts.

In your case, CalDAV is better than LDAP.