Topic: folder /var/lib/amavis/virusmails and co

hi,

I've a general question. for what is the folder /var/lib/amavis/virusmails for? Does iredmail deliver this emails to the user? And if not how can I change it, so that this emails are delivered to e.g. SPAM folder of the user?

Are there some other folders like this and where can i find a documentation about this all? I looked up the documentation of iredmail, but i can't find any technical reference... :-(
I would like to understand how the system work :-)

Thanks for your help
Dominik

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: folder /var/lib/amavis/virusmails and co

/var/lib/amavis/virusmails  is the folder specified in amavisd.conf for quarantined files. You should take a look at the amavisd-new documentation for this (for all the mails passing your server you have the option to PASS , BOUNCE(I advice you not to) or DROP the viruses and/or the spam mails. In all that cases you have the option to quarantine the files(or not! smile ). To pass the spam/viruses mails and deliver them in SPAM folder of the user..you probabily need an global sieve rule to deliver mails marked by amavisd-new with ***SPAM*** or ***VIRUS*** (see amavisd-new docs for this mark) in the SPAM folder of the user.
As stated on the front page of this project:
What iRedMail is
•A set of shell scripts: Used to install and configure mail server related components, for example postfix, dovecot, clamav, etc.
◦Use official binary packages from distributions.
So...a good understanding of the iRedMail project..equal a good understanding of the related open-source projects (postfix, amavisd-new, spamassassin, ldap, clamav, myslq..etc. smile )

Re: folder /var/lib/amavis/virusmails and co

Thanks for your help, I'll take a look on it :-)