Topic: File extensions & types blocked

Dear ZHG

Could you please give me the list prohibited  file extensions & types on iredmail, while sending and receiving and default action on such mails?

Biju

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: File extensions & types blocked

Please do not post unrelated questions in the iRedAdmin-Pro Support Forum - they belong in the iRedMAIL Support Forum.

bijuedathodi wrote:

Could you please give me the list prohibited  file extensions & types on iredmail, while sending and receiving and default action on such mails?

Banned file types are listed in Amavisd config file, setting `$banned_filename_re` or `$banned_namepath_re`.

Hi,

In 0.9.1 tutorial, for RHEL/CentOS systems, it says:

Amavisd on some Linux/BSD distribution uses $banned_namepath_re instead of $banned_filename_re to check banned file types, but it ($banned_namepath_re) was not defined, so we define some blocked file types here.

Please append below settings in Amavisd config file /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

I'm not sure to understand. In my CentOS system, I do have a block defining "$banned_filename_re".

So, if I add a block of rules for "$banned_namepath_re", do I then need to delete the block for "$banned_filename_re" ?

Thank you

You can keep it.