Topic: Are nested email lists possible with LDAP backend?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache 2.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.6 x86_64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am trying to make some mailing lists and used phpldapadmin to create the groups. So the top email list would be top@example.tld

The nested lists would be a second mail list one@example.tld, and another as two@example.tld.

In each of these lower-level lists, one and two, I have assigned email users from a domain.

My access policy for all lists was 'domain' for this testing.

In the mail list one@example.tld and two@example.tld, I have put into each one as memberOfGroup top@example.tld

Sending email to the lists with email users works fine (lists one and two), but sending to the list with nested lists (top@example.tld) returns 5.5.1 no user in virtual mailbox error. There are no direct email users in this top list, only other lists, so I suppose that is the source of the error as I have configured things.

Is there some configuration option to make nested mail lists work? I am trying to avoid certain email users getting two (or more) emails if there are part of multiple mail lists when more than one overlapping lists are used. Administratively it is easier to divide up the email users into their appropriate groups with a mail list, and then make larger reaching lists as containing this smaller list. The organizational structure makes it easy to do that.

I suppose aliases could work, but I like the access control of the groups, especially to avoid external people being able to send to the organization group mail lists.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Are nested email lists possible with LDAP backend?

bjs59 wrote:

Sending email to the lists with email users works fine (lists one and two), but sending to the list with nested lists (top@example.tld) returns 5.5.1 no user in virtual mailbox error.

What do you mean 'sending to the list with nested lists'?

Re: Are nested email lists possible with LDAP backend?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
bjs59 wrote:

Sending email to the lists with email users works fine (lists one and two), but sending to the list with nested lists (top@example.tld) returns 5.5.1 no user in virtual mailbox error.

What do you mean 'sending to the list with nested lists'?

Composing an mail on the web or an app (Thunderbird) and sending it to one@example.tld works.

Composing an mail on the web or an app (Thunderbird) and sending it to two@example.tld works.

Composing an mail on the web or an app (Thunderbird) and sending it to top@example.tld fails / bounces with the 5.5.1 error.