Topic: Installing to an already established server/website.

I have a website hosting a wordpress system - woocommerce store and iRedMail was suggested to me by a friend (BlackFox.co). However my server is already established and I'd like to host it on the same box. Last time I attempted an install it did a bunch of things I wasn't sure about and I had to go back and 'un-highjack' it so the website would work again. After reading the forums I understand a bit more but I can't seem to find any steps to install and repair an install to operate on the same server so any links or references would be helpful.

In any case, when it comes down to it, I'd like to install the system to /var/www/iredmail and I'll want to change the access address direction to "mail.<domain>.<tld>"

I think I have the back end mail handling installed properly, but I suspect iRedMail will 'fix' most of it that I may not have completed.

I'm a bit hesitant to do it again right now, mostly because I want to make sure every setting I do through installation well best accommodate what I'll need to go back and fix after the install. So I'll be looking for that information as well, what files and configurations I'll need to update to get it working properly to my specifications.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installing to an already established server/website.

iRedMail is designed to be installed on a fresh system only, we do not support other methods, whilst they may still work; You could always install iRedMail within a container to not affect existing services.

Re: Installing to an already established server/website.

*) As 7t3chguy mentioned, iRedMail is designed to be installed on a fresh system.
*) Maybe it's better for you to backup your wordpress + sql database first, then reinstall server OS and install iRedMail, restore your wordpress + sql database.