- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi there,
I have an interesting issue that I cannot figure out how to debug.

I have a new mail server set up (maindomain.com) and a secondary domain (second.com)

If I send an email from Gmail to either maindomain.com or second.com, the email is received. However, if I send an email from a private business email address, I can only receive them to maindomain.com .. if I send one to second.com, it is never received and nothing appears in mail.log

As far as I can tell, greylisting is disabled
/etc/cluebringer/cluebringer.conf
# Greylisting module
[Greylisting]
enable=0

I'm sorry this is a vague question, I'm not sure what else will be helpful to provide, please let me know and I will provide the info required.

Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Emails not being recieved to secondary domain from a specific domain

randoof wrote:

if I send an email from a private business email address, I can only receive them to maindomain.com .. if I send one to second.com, it is never received and nothing appears in mail.log

What do you mean "a private business email address"?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
randoof wrote:

if I send an email from a private business email address, I can only receive them to maindomain.com .. if I send one to second.com, it is never received and nothing appears in mail.log

What do you mean "a private business email address"?

Sorry - I mean my work email address that isn't provided by Hotmail, Gmail etc, just a seperate email account

*) If emails sent from Gmail successfully received by maindomain.com and second.com, that means DNS records (either/both MX and A records) are working. I suggest you double check A/MX records for these 2 mail domains.

*) If email sent from your work email account was not received by second.com, can you perform DNS query against your DNS server used by your work email server to query both A/MX records of second.com? If no any log on your iRedMail server, does your work email account receive any bounce message?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) If emails sent from Gmail successfully received by maindomain.com and second.com, that means DNS records (either/both MX and A records) are working. I suggest you double check A/MX records for these 2 mail domains.

*) If email sent from your work email account was not received by second.com, can you perform DNS query against your DNS server used by your work email server to query both A/MX records of second.com? If no any log on your iRedMail server, does your work email account receive any bounce message?

Thank you, I have now found the issue.. My work email server used to also host second.com and there was still an entry in the database for the domain and it was not looking it up, simply sending it over to the old account.