Topic: Override mail sender in the same domain

Hello,

I followed this tutorial to override the sender of email : http://www.iredmail.org/docs/allow.cert … .user.html

It works perfectly if the user used to connect is on a different domain than the user set in from.
But if the 2 user are on the same domain, I've got error.

Connection user : contact@domain1.tld
Overrided user in from : test@domain2.tld
(2 different user on 2 different domains, domain2.tld is not manage by iredmail)

It works, but :

Connection user : contact@domain1.tld
Overrided user in from : noreply@domain1.tld
(2 different user on the same domain managed by iredmail)

It fail with the following error :

postfix/smtpd[88477]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxxx.proxad.net[aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa]: 550 5.1.0 <noreply@domain1.tld>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<noreply@domain1.tld> to=<destination@gmail.fr> proto=ESMTP helo=<[127.0.0.1]>

Maybe it is because that domain2.tld is not managed by iredmail so the override is allowed ?
What can I do ?

Thanks

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Override mail sender in the same domain

umanit wrote:

Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

it's clear here: noreply@domain1.tld doesn't exist on your server.

Yes this account does not exist and I don't want to create it.

I want to override the from of the email with a non existing address (ie noreply), it is not possible ?

So how can I send email from an address on which people can't reply (the classical noreply email address of most of the web site) ?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
umanit wrote:

Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

it's clear here: noreply@domain1.tld doesn't exist on your server.

umanit wrote:

I want to override the from of the email with a non existing address (ie noreply), it is not possible ?

Creating it is much easier than the solution to not to create it.

umanit wrote:

So how can I send email from an address on which people can't reply (the classical noreply email address of most of the web site) ?

Why not silently drop received email? You can set per-user transport to 'discard', then all received mails will be silently dropped.

Thanks for your answer, I will do that.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
umanit wrote:

Creating it is much easier than the solution to not to create it.

umanit wrote:

Why not silently drop received email? You can set per-user transport to 'discard', then all received mails will be silently dropped.