Topic: 100% outgoing mail relayed thru another server

This is not much related to iRedMail itself but since I will purchase iRedMail I wanted to understand how to make this work:

I own a nice cluster in EU which is where iRedMail will be hosted, the problem with this cluster is that it is in a datacenter with bad IP reputation, so I setup 2 new machines in USA to work as 100% outgoing relays and so all the mails (mail.domain.com, mail.domain2.com) will have dedicated ips from USA datacenter, so the reverse = mail.domain.

Meanwhile, the ingoing (mx servers) will be from the EU datacenter (ip with bad reputation), does this affect the delivery % from the US outgoing?

Can I setup DKIM on the USA datacenter with the iRedMail (hosted in EU) so the last relay machine shares the keys with the iRedMail?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 100% outgoing mail relayed thru another server

*) Sending and receiving could be different servers, so your solution is fine.
*) You should list USA server IP addresses in SPF record in DNS.
*) about DKIM key, i don't see there's any issue signed by EU servers.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Sending and receiving could be different servers, so your solution is fine.
*) You should list USA server IP addresses in SPF record in DNS.
*) about DKIM key, i don't see there's any issue signed by EU servers.

Doesn't the DKIM has to be signed at last realy (in this case, USA servers while being sent by EU servers)?

If your relay server doesn't remove the DKIM header, that it's fine.
But if your reply server removed this header, you have to sign it on relay server instead.