1 (edited by kunal393 2015-09-08 21:57:36)

Topic: Unable to get the DKIM signature for the newly added domain

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I tried to add a new domain and hence generated the DKIM signature for that.

The error follows like this:
1. I tried to use amavisd-new but the I was told that the command was not supported and hence I just used just amavisd command only

2. When I generated the new DKIM signature for the new added domain using the amvisd genrsa command I was able to do so successfully. But when I tried to show the key using the following command:

amavisd showkeys mynewdomain.com

I got this error: No DKIM private keys match the selection list.

But when I go to the  var/lib/dkim/mynewdomain.com.pem, I could see the key there though a lot bigger than the usual one that I get using the amavisd showkeys command.

Any idea what I might be missing now. Earlier I could generate the DKIM signature successfully but not sure what's missing now.

When I send the  mail I could see dkim=fail message. Any help would highly be appreciated. Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to get the DKIM signature for the newly added domain

Please check our tutorial here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sign.dkim. … omain.html

Thanks for pointing to the right url but I've been there and I've followed exactly what is mentioned over there. But only to avail the error. There is no mention of how to access the dkim for the new added domain. I can access the dkim for the default domain by throwing the command: amavisd showkeys or amavisd showkeys defauldomain.com.

But not sure how to get the dkim for the new added domain. Any help in this regard is highly welcome.

Dear @kunal393,

Our tutorial mentions how to generate new DKIM key for newly added mail domains, please take a look:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sign.dkim. … ail-domain

Yeah ZhangHuangbin, thanks again for pointing. You said "Our tutorial mentions how to generate new DKIM key for newly added mail domains, please take a look:"    But It doesn't mention how to see the Private key signature once generated for eventually I've to add it to TXT file of my domain.

If I go and open /var/lib/dkim/mynewdomain.com.pem file I could see the signature that's a lot bigger than normal and I guess some part of it is only used. If I use the "amavisd showkeys mynewdomain.com" command I can't see the key for the new domain.

I just wanna see the key and not generate it for I've already generated it. I hope I'm clear this time.

Please try command below:

# amavisd-new showkeys

UPDATE:

i updated document to mention how to check DKIM key (amavisd-new showkeys):
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sign.dkim. … ail-domain