1 (edited by syed.afjaljaha 2015-10-06 14:24:48)

Topic: Iredmail Basic Questions

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RedHat Linux
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi All,

I didn't installed iRedMail at this moment and I have some questions. Appreciate if anyone can answer them.

Our requirement is to send emails to 'N' number of persons at a time. So we were planning to go with iredmail server setup. But as am new to Linux, mail server concepts. I have some basic questions regarding iredmail. So could you please help me out on the below things:

1) As per the iredmail docs, iredmail server can be setup on Redhat Linux. Does iredmail server supports all the Redhat Linux versions or only specific versions?

2) We were planning to go for iredmail setup in Cloud environment(vendor is not yet decided).
Can iredmail server setup can be done in the cloud environment or a dedicated Linux os machine has to be there?

3) If yes...Does it supports all the cloud environments or only specific cloud environments?

4) we were planning to send from gmail to our domain and viceversa. We have a domain in GoDaddy website.
What all information (like hostname, domain name, ip addr, mx, A, etc; )and prerequisites required prior to iredmail server setup (SMTP service)?

Thanks all in advance..!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Iredmail Basic Questions

1) As per the iredmail docs, iredmail server can be setup on Redhat Linux. Does iredmail server supports all the Redhat Linux versions or only specific versions?

I found answer for the above question from the below link.
http://www.iredmail.org/download.html

Could anybody help me in answering other questions?

Re: Iredmail Basic Questions

syed.afjaljaha wrote:

2) We were planning to go for iredmail setup in Cloud environment(vendor is not yet decided).
Can iredmail server setup can be done in the cloud environment or a dedicated Linux os machine has to be there?

iRedMail relies on Linux/BSD distributions, not cloud platform, so it's ok.

syed.afjaljaha wrote:

3) If yes...Does it supports all the cloud environments or only specific cloud environments?

What do you mean "cloud environments"? If your cloud vendor offers Linux/BSD distributions supported by iRedMail, it should work.

syed.afjaljaha wrote:

4) we were planning to send from gmail to our domain and viceversa. We have a domain in GoDaddy website.
What all information (like hostname, domain name, ip addr, mx, A, etc; )and prerequisites required prior to iredmail server setup (SMTP service)?

It's mentioned in iRedMail installation guide, section "Important things you MUST know after installation". for example:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/install.ir … stallation