Topic: Programmatically mark emails as read?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I imported several hundred thousand emails from my Outlook POP3 account/.pst into my new IMAP account.  Same email accounts, but it is now self-hosted.

My INBOX now shows several thousand unread emails.  Is there a way to globally mark them all as read?

Andrew

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Programmatically mark emails as read?

*) How about use the webmail directly?
*) Write a script to do this with IMAP protocol.

An IMAP script would work - except I have no ability to create one; I'll Google that solution.

From Webmail, I'm not sure that's possible to do efficiently.  By 'a few thousand', I understated the problem; my iPhone shows, across the accounts on it, 125,814 unread emails.  Webmail (SOGo and RoundCube) doesn't seem to have a 'mark all' feature.

Andrew

AndyInNYC wrote:

Webmail (SOGo and RoundCube) doesn't seem to have a 'mark all' feature.

Both have "Select All" feature.

Can you point out in RoundCube where the 'Select All' is found?  I see the Mark as read, but not the select all.  I can find neither in SOGo

With Roundcube 1.2.x, you can find it here:

https://i.imgur.com/3Ky4xCF.png

7 (edited by AndyInNYC 2017-09-14 23:24:49)

I found it in SOGo by clicking on a 'person' icon which added new action icons including 'Select All'.

Thanks - my email should now just show 'new, new' as unread and be much easier to manage.

I just sent you some "Coffee".  Thanks for your help.

Andrew