1 (edited by pnjo23 2018-05-14 01:57:38)

Topic: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I keep getting this error (Server cannot be found) when trying to connect Outlook via EAS. This has only started when I migrated to version 0.9.8 - version 0.9.7 worked fine. Any ideas anyone? (I am using Outlook 2013)

Post's attachments

sshot2.png
sshot2.png 25.17 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

Please double check the server address (and EAS settings) in Outlook. (yes i know it worked before, but please, just do a double check.)

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

3

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please double check the server address (and EAS settings) in Outlook. (yes i know it worked before, but please, just do a double check.)

Double checked. IMAP works fine but EAS will not at all. Gave up and reverted to version 0.9.7

4

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please double check the server address (and EAS settings) in Outlook. (yes i know it worked before, but please, just do a double check.)

Double checked. IMAP works fine but EAS will not at all. Gave up and reverted to version 0.9.7


A bit strange, EAS connection is handled by SOGo + Nginx, and shouldn't be related to iRedmail version 097 or 098 (Updated iRedApd, mailinglists, ldap config etc)
So did you actually revert back from SOGo v4 to SOGo v3, in order to fix Your issue.
In that case, check the SOGo  forum for related errors.
I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients.
I know Outlook can be rather picky about the DNS settings "_autodiscover._tcp SRV " if there is also an CNAME for autodiscover.domain.com ....
/regards

5

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

Another possible issue: do you use an valid ssl cert? or just the default self-signed ssl cert generated during iRedMail installation?

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

6 (edited by pnjo23 2018-05-23 22:01:27)

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Another possible issue: do you use an valid ssl cert? or just the default self-signed ssl cert generated during iRedMail installation?

SSL certificate is valid and works OK on IMAP & Webmail (SOGo webmail). I've got a wildcard certificate installed, any chance this could be causing this?

7 (edited by pnjo23 2018-05-24 02:56:38)

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

swejun wrote:
pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please double check the server address (and EAS settings) in Outlook. (yes i know it worked before, but please, just do a double check.)

Double checked. IMAP works fine but EAS will not at all. Gave up and reverted to version 0.9.7


A bit strange, EAS connection is handled by SOGo + Nginx, and shouldn't be related to iRedmail version 097 or 098 (Updated iRedApd, mailinglists, ldap config etc)
So did you actually revert back from SOGo v4 to SOGo v3, in order to fix Your issue.
In that case, check the SOGo  forum for related errors.
I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients.
I know Outlook can be rather picky about the DNS settings "_autodiscover._tcp SRV " if there is also an CNAME for autodiscover.domain.com ....
/regards

Yes reverted back to SOGo v3 to fix issue. Still cannot find anything on the SOGo forum. Tested this on Android and EAS connects fine. Its just Outlook that won't.

8

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

Outlooks sometimes is picky, but it doesn't raise any error for troubleshooting.

You can try to turn on debug mode in SOGo:
https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.sogo.html

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

9

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Outlooks sometimes is picky, but it doesn't raise any error for troubleshooting.

You can try to turn on debug mode in SOGo:
https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.sogo.html

Turned debug on - no errors coming through that can be resolved. Methinks Outlook is not even attempting a connection. So I am giving up on this and sticking to SOGo v3.

How do I turn that on in iRedmail v0.9.8?

10

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

pnjo23 wrote:

How do I turn that on in iRedmail v0.9.8?

Same:
https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.sogo.html

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

11 (edited by pnjo23 2018-07-17 19:22:11)

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

swejun wrote:
pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please double check the server address (and EAS settings) in Outlook. (yes i know it worked before, but please, just do a double check.)

Double checked. IMAP works fine but EAS will not at all. Gave up and reverted to version 0.9.7


A bit strange, EAS connection is handled by SOGo + Nginx, and shouldn't be related to iRedmail version 097 or 098 (Updated iRedApd, mailinglists, ldap config etc)
So did you actually revert back from SOGo v4 to SOGo v3, in order to fix Your issue.
In that case, check the SOGo  forum for related errors.
I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients.
I know Outlook can be rather picky about the DNS settings "_autodiscover._tcp SRV " if there is also an CNAME for autodiscover.domain.com ....
/regards

"I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients."

How to you get the above done on a new install?

12

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

pnjo23 wrote:

"I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients."

How to you get the above done on a new install?

If you really want to stick with sogo 3, try this:

- open file 'conf/sogo', find parameter SOGO_VERSION and set it to 3 (defaults to 4):

export SOGO_VERSION='3'

- run iRedMail installer as usual.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee