1 (edited by pnjo23 2018-05-14 01:57:38)

Topic: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I keep getting this error (Server cannot be found) when trying to connect Outlook via EAS. This has only started when I migrated to version 0.9.8 - version 0.9.7 worked fine. Any ideas anyone? (I am using Outlook 2013)

Post's attachments

sshot2.png
sshot2.png 25.17 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Outlook-ActiveSync Not Connecting

Please double check the server address (and EAS settings) in Outlook. (yes i know it worked before, but please, just do a double check.)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please double check the server address (and EAS settings) in Outlook. (yes i know it worked before, but please, just do a double check.)

Double checked. IMAP works fine but EAS will not at all. Gave up and reverted to version 0.9.7

pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Double checked. IMAP works fine but EAS will not at all. Gave up and reverted to version 0.9.7

A bit strange, EAS connection is handled by SOGo + Nginx, and shouldn't be related to iRedmail version 097 or 098 (Updated iRedApd, mailinglists, ldap config etc)
So did you actually revert back from SOGo v4 to SOGo v3, in order to fix Your issue.
In that case, check the SOGo  forum for related errors.
I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients.
I know Outlook can be rather picky about the DNS settings "_autodiscover._tcp SRV " if there is also an CNAME for autodiscover.domain.com ....
/regards

Another possible issue: do you use an valid ssl cert? or just the default self-signed ssl cert generated during iRedMail installation?

6 (edited by pnjo23 2018-05-23 22:01:27)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Another possible issue: do you use an valid ssl cert? or just the default self-signed ssl cert generated during iRedMail installation?

SSL certificate is valid and works OK on IMAP & Webmail (SOGo webmail). I've got a wildcard certificate installed, any chance this could be causing this?

7 (edited by pnjo23 2018-05-24 02:56:38)

swejun wrote:
pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

A bit strange, EAS connection is handled by SOGo + Nginx, and shouldn't be related to iRedmail version 097 or 098 (Updated iRedApd, mailinglists, ldap config etc)
So did you actually revert back from SOGo v4 to SOGo v3, in order to fix Your issue.
I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients.
I know Outlook can be rather picky about the DNS settings "_autodiscover._tcp SRV " if there is also an CNAME for autodiscover.domain.com ....
/regards

Yes reverted back to SOGo v3 to fix issue. Still cannot find anything on the SOGo forum. Tested this on Android and EAS connects fine. Its just Outlook that won't.

Outlooks sometimes is picky, but it doesn't raise any error for troubleshooting.

You can try to turn on debug mode in SOGo:
https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.sogo.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Outlooks sometimes is picky, but it doesn't raise any error for troubleshooting.

You can try to turn on debug mode in SOGo:

Turned debug on - no errors coming through that can be resolved. Methinks Outlook is not even attempting a connection. So I am giving up on this and sticking to SOGo v3.

How do I turn that on in iRedmail v0.9.8?

pnjo23 wrote:

How do I turn that on in iRedmail v0.9.8?

Same:

11 (edited by pnjo23 2018-07-17 19:22:11)

swejun wrote:
pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

/regards

"I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients."

How to you get the above done on a new install?

pnjo23 wrote:

"I have upgraded to 0.9.8, but still uses SOGo v3. No problems so far with EAS Clients."

If you really want to stick with sogo 3, try this:

- open file 'conf/sogo', find parameter SOGO_VERSION and set it to 3 (defaults to 4):

export SOGO_VERSION='3'

- run iRedMail installer as usual.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pnjo23 wrote:

If you really want to stick with sogo 3, try this:

- open file 'conf/sogo', find parameter SOGO_VERSION and set it to 3 (defaults to 4):

export SOGO_VERSION='3'

- run iRedMail installer as usual.

Zhang SOGO 3/4 version isn't the problem it seems. Still getting same error even after implementing above. This is probably not high priority but a fix would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Any error in SOGo and Nginx log files when you try to sync with Outlook?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Any error in SOGo and Nginx log files when you try to sync with Outlook?

From both log files, I can see Outlook does not attempt a connection - seems it cannot reach the server at all. Meanwhile when I try this with an Android device, I get a perfect connection and it shows on both log files.

Seems issue is with MS Outlook 2013 (not tried 2016). But do not understand why this works perfectly well on iRedmail 0.9.7 and not on 0.9.8

Thanks Zhang for your efforts but I think I will rest this now and make do with 0.9.7

pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SSL certificate is valid and works OK on IMAP & Webmail (SOGo webmail). I've got a wildcard certificate installed, any chance this could be causing this?

This could be an issue of the wildcard certificate actually!
I've seen similar before and just changing the certificate to a one with one CN helped actually.

selea wrote:
pnjo23 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This could be an issue of the wildcard certificate actually!
I've seen similar before and just changing the certificate to a one with one CN helped actually.

Nope, same problem.

I have the same problem on 0.9.9. Did you found any problem? How to manually check my EAS works?

I made a fresh install now, same result. How can I debug these problems and what should I debug ?

I moved to CentOS and this problem disappeared. I am now running my mailserver on CentOS 7.5 and iRedmail 0.9.9 and Activesync works OK with MS Outlook.

pnjo23 wrote:

I moved to CentOS and this problem disappeared. I am now running my mailserver on CentOS 7.5 and iRedmail 0.9.9 and Activesync works OK with MS Outlook.

Seems strange smile I made a fresh install now on CentOS with ngnis, mysql, 0.9.9, Outlook can't find server. Both ngnix and SOGO logs writes nothing when Outlook is trying to connect...

georgy.goshin wrote:
pnjo23 wrote:

Seems strange smile I made a fresh install now on CentOS with ngnis, mysql, 0.9.9, Outlook can't find server. Both ngnix and SOGO logs writes nothing when Outlook is trying to connect...

I have the very same configuration and Outlook/ActiveSync works OK. Could you provide more details please?

What version of Outlook are you using? Problem is usually with Outlook. 2016 would not work (I suspect because of the Autodiscover settings it insists on using) but Outlook 2013 works just fine.

In my case it is Outlook 2013. Which details could also be shared?

georgy.goshin wrote:

In my case it is Outlook 2013. Which details could also be shared?

And your SSL certificate, did you replace the default self signed cert with a trusted one?

25 (edited by georgy.goshin 2018-12-27 17:05:07)

pnjo23 wrote:

And your SSL certificate, did you replace the default self signed cert with a trusted one?

I use Let's Encrypt. SOGO page is works good and show correct cert