Topic: How to setup local mail server to distribute mails from existing mail

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu server 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi, I am working in Public sector office with 25-30 employees. The problem is that all can delete mails and sometimes we lose mails. I decide to install iRedMail to distribute the mails from our central mail account to the employees because I want to have the control. I installed the iRedMail but don't know exactly how to setup the mail server.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to setup local mail server to distribute mails from existing mail

plinetrth wrote:

I decide to install iRedMail to distribute the mails from our central mail account to the employees

I don't quite understand this request. Do you mean a mailing list? Or a shared mailbox folder but no one (but you) has permission to delete emails in it?

OK. There is shared mailbox and all the users have the same permissions. I want to create local users and control the permissions. Every user will has local inbox and sent folders.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
plinetrth wrote:

I decide to install iRedMail to distribute the mails from our central mail account to the employees

I don't quite understand this request. Do you mean a mailing list? Or a shared mailbox folder but no one (but you) has permission to delete emails in it?

It sounds like you have to do alot more research about what you really want before attempting this.

plinetrth wrote:

There is shared mailbox and all the users have the same permissions.

What do you mean "shared mailbox" here? Do you share the mail account and password for people to login to the mailbox? Or you just share one mailbox FOLDER to other users and they access the shared folder in their own mailbox?

I think you need this tutorial:
https://docs.iredmail.org/mailbox.sharing.html

Yes I share the mail account and password for people to login to the mailbox. It is one common account.