Topic: Whitelisting not working
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL/MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
In my logs I have the following lines:
Jun 13 10:29:41 nc036 postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxx.yyy.cctld[22.214.171.124]: 450 4.7.1 <server.yyy.cctld>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<email@example.com> to=<firstname.lastname@example.org> proto=ESMTP helo=<server.yyy.cctld>
I have communicated with the admin of the server at yyy.cctld, and they refuse to set up their DNS properly. Unfortunately, they are a legitimate sender; in fact, they are the national tax authority of a country!
I have tried adding each of the following to the "Whitelisted senders" (for inbound mails) at System -> Anti Spam -> Whitelists & Blacklists, but their mails are still blocked:
* 126.96.36.199 (the IP address of their server)
I also tried restarting both Postfix and iRedAPD, but this didn't change the result.
How can I let them bypass the HELO check without letting everyone else bypass it too?