1 (edited by gabriel79 2018-12-09 16:51:20)

Topic: Duplicate emails in Outlook

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,
I have setup the emails accounts on Outlook 2013 first as IMAP, to load the old emails in the accounts, then as ActiveSync. I have a problem with any new email that the accounts are receiving: it duplicate itself as many as it can, until the user delete the received email. After that, the duplicate process stop.
(the same account set it up on mobile as ActiveSync works fine. Also, no duplicate email appear on mobile even if in Outlook I have more than 100)

Tell me what I can do to stop this.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Duplicate emails in Outlook

Hi,
I looked at another server with the configuration (iRedMail 0.9.8, CentOS 7.4.1708, MySQL) and there are not any new duplicate emails (this server is working for 10 months).
The major difference is the SOGo version: the one with problems is 4.0.4 and the other is 3.2.10

I suggest try to delete this ActiveSync account on Outlook first, then re-add it for testing.

I already did, three times.

OK, check this:

- Check /var/log/dovecot/lda.log, are there log lines indicate this email was delivered multiple times? If yes, it's not a SOGo/ActiveSync issue.
- If only one log line for the email in /var/log/dovecot/lda.log, it's like a ActiveSync issue OR a MUA (Outlook issue).

To check whether it's a ActiveSync issue, try this:

Try to setup this account as an ActiveSync (or Exchange) account on your iPhone/Android/BlackBerry phone. send testing email to reproduce this issue. If it happened on both phone and Outlook, then it's more like an ActiveSync issue. But if it happens only on Outlook, then it's more like an Outlook issue, maybe cache, or other reason.

It's only one line in /var/log/dovecot/lda.log
I setup the account on Android and iOS and it's not receiving duplicates.

The duplicates finish if I close Outlook and another new email is received; in this case, the new email will repeat duplicate.
I think it's an Outlook 2013 issue, on 2016 is not.

Do you think I can use something from here:
https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2650

Is almost the same case.

gabriel79 wrote:

Do you think I can use something from here:
https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2650

Is almost the same case.

This was fixed in SOGo 2.2.2, and you're definitely running sogo 3.x or 4.x. it should include this fix.

There are also problems with Outlook 2016 large data accounts:
- Outlook hangs from no reason
- some emails shows many duplicate attachments

P.S.
All Outlooks are licensed and updated; all of them worked fine with POP3 accounts with an old iRedMail version.

10 (edited by gabriel79 2019-02-19 19:39:31)

Hello,
I'm coming back with almost the same problem, this time on Outlook 2019 that is multiply the senders and attachments. One small mail with text and 15k signature is reaching MB size until is deleted. And it's another server, ip and location.
The account is setup as Exchange ActiveSync.

I have also found errors in /var/log/sogo/sogo.log: Feb 19 11:10:04 sogod [9465]: [ERROR] <0x0x5570074c6c70[WOHttpTransaction]> client disconnected during delivery of response for <WORequest[0x0x5570077a1770]: method=POST uri=/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&User=xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx&DeviceId=C8AF18F31EB54B3799E5428BBA3BBD1F&DeviceType=WindowsOutlook15 app=SOGo rqKey=Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync rqPath=(null)> (len=74233): the socket was shutdown

iRedMail    0.9.9
iRedAdmin-Pro    3.1 (MySQL)
centos-release-7-4.1708.el7.centos.x86_64

gabriel79 wrote:

I'm coming back with almost the same problem, this time on Outlook 2019 that is multiply the senders and attachments. One small mail with text and 15k signature is reaching MB size until is deleted. And it's another server, ip and location.
The account is setup as Exchange ActiveSync.

Do you have other colleges which configures Outlook to retrieve emails via IMAP? does Outlook + IMAP have this issue? If not, it might be an ActiveSync issue which should be considered as a bug of SOGo. if this is the case, please report to SOGo team and ask them to fix it:
https://sogo.nu/support.html

There are IMAP accounts and they are working fine, with no issue. I will report it to SOGo.