1 (edited by Opperkip 2019-01-06 21:05:25)

Topic: Cannot receive email

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.9 MYSQL edition.
- Deployed with the downloadable installer.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Nope
====

So basically I setup the server with the installer and the logs don't show any issues. I created a new user and sending mail works fine. However receiving email fails. The /var/log/mail.log shows me the following error:

to=<postmaster@MYDOMAIN.COM>, relay=dovecot, delay=1478, delays=1478/0/0/0.04, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: lda(postmaster@MYDOMAIN.COM,)Error: Error reading configuration: Invalid settings: postmaster_address setting not given lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. )

I tried searching the forums and the rest of the internet but I cannot find a working solution. Anyone with tips?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot receive email

Comment out or remove "postmaster_address =" in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, restart Dovecot service and try again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Comment out or remove "postmaster_address =" in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, restart Dovecot service and try again.

Thank you for the response ZhangHuangbin. I've seen the same suggestion on the forum before and can assure you that my config does not contain the "postmaster_address = " line.

Do you have any other suggestions? Or could you maby explain why the line is not supposed to be there since the error states it should be?

4 (edited by Opperkip 2019-01-08 02:58:30)

Okay I managed to fix the first issue. Turn out that my hostname was reverted after a reboot. I now no longer get the error mentioned above.

I'm now at the following error:
mx dovecot: lda(postmaster@MYDOMAIN.COM): Error: userdb lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: Permission denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) UNIX perms appear ok (ACL/MAC wrong?), dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)

EDIT:
I managed to fix the second issue as well.
In the file: /etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.dovecot.dovecot-lda

I changed the line:
/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda flags=(complain) {

Into the line:
/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda flags=(complain,attach_disconnected) {

After that a restart of the apparmor service fixed the issue.