Topic: Preven random email with (possible) spam

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? bash script
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: 16.04 ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear IredMail Users,

For about 2 or 3 years iam user ing iRedMail. The software is working great without big problems.

Now a days more people in my network are using this mailserver. The only big problem is that there is comming more and more spam to the mailserver from random emailaddresses like:

1. abigail@bikkabeansreevati.com
2. siemrkhjmdmjanssen@pzoom-de.com
3. miramkfwfydverhoeve@motorovapila2cz.com

These email's arent valid and the only thing i am seeing is spam when i open it (the content). Is there any possible way to prevent that this kind of emailadresses are getting blocked. Like a "content filtering" program.

Some of these crap email are getting send to one of the info@domainname on my mailserver which are forwarded to a Outlook, Gmail or other mailservers. Those mailserver reconsizes these emails as crap but not my mailserver.

Any suggestions that Postfix is able to scan the body / header content for junk to prevent that this kind of e-mails ends up in the users mailbox.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Preven random email with (possible) spam

- Do you have DNSBL services enabled in Postfix?
- Try to enable Dovecot plugin "imapsieve" (recommended if you're running Dovecot 2.2.24+) or "antispam" (deprecated plugin), then encourage end users to move spams to Junk folder for auto-learn. FYI:

- https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sie … /IMAPSieve
- https://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Antispam

Thanks Zhang Huang.

I will take a look at imapsieve and antispam plugin. Right now i am using dovecot version 2.2.22.

I am already using some DNSBL urls like:

postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
    zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[2..11]*3
    b.barracudacentral.org=127.0.0.2*2
    bl.spamcop.net
    psbl.surriel.com

And for smtpd_recipient_restrictions=
    reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[2..11]
    reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org=127.0.0.2
    reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net
    reject_rbl_client psbl.surriel.com

There are lot of these DNSBL any suggestions of which one is the best?

tedsje wrote:

I will take a look at imapsieve and antispam plugin. Right now i am using dovecot version 2.2.22.

Then use "antispam" plugin. although it's deprecated, but it will still alive and work for a long time. it has same features as "imapsieve" plugin.

tedsje wrote:

There are lot of these DNSBL any suggestions of which one is the best?

zen.spamhaus.org and b.barracudacentral.org.