Topic: 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 upgrade issues

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? no
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Most things have gone fine, but there are a couple of things that I need a bit of help/clarification on.

1. In the "[SECURITY] Fixed: Nginx snippet file doesn't block access to Roundcube sensitive files" step, some of the files you want us to edit do not exist:

/etc/nginx/templates/roundcube-subdomain.tmpl
/etc/nginx/sites-available/00-default.conf
/etc/nginx/sites-available/00-default-ssl.conf
/etc/nginx/sites-conf.d/default/99-include-tmpl-misc.conf
/etc/nginx/sites-conf.d/default-ssl/99-include-tmpl-misc.conf

None of these files currently exist in my 0.9.7 installation.

2. In the "Fix unexpected DNSBL query result for site b.barracudacentral.org" step, the postscreen_dnsbl_sites line in my main.cf does not look like the example in the tutorial, so I'm not quite sure what to change. Mine looks like this:

postscreen_dnsbl_sites = zen.spamhaus.org*3 b.barracudacentral.org*2 bl.spameatingmonkey.net*2 bl.spamcop.net dnsbl.sorbs.net psbl.surriel.com bl.mailspike.net swl.spamhaus.org*-4 list.dnswl.org=127.[0..255].[0..255].0*-2 list.dnswl.org=127.[0..255].[0..255].1*-3 list.dnswl.org=127.[0..255].[0..255].[2..255]*-4

I need to clear these two items so that I can proceed to 0.9.9, so thanks for any help you gan provide!

--Bill

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 upgrade issues

lww wrote:

1. In the "[SECURITY] Fixed: Nginx snippet file doesn't block access to Roundcube sensitive files" step, some of the files you want us to edit do not exist:

/etc/nginx/templates/roundcube-subdomain.tmpl
/etc/nginx/sites-available/00-default.conf
/etc/nginx/sites-available/00-default-ssl.conf
/etc/nginx/sites-conf.d/default/99-include-tmpl-misc.conf
/etc/nginx/sites-conf.d/default-ssl/99-include-tmpl-misc.conf

None of these files currently exist in my 0.9.7 installation.

With iRedMail-0.9.7, you can find all settings in /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf. Please take a look.

lww wrote:

2. In the "Fix unexpected DNSBL query result for site b.barracudacentral.org" step, the postscreen_dnsbl_sites line in my main.cf does not look like the example in the tutorial, so I'm not quite sure what to change. Mine looks like this:

postscreen_dnsbl_sites = zen.spamhaus.org*3 b.barracudacentral.org*2 bl.spameatingmonkey.net*2 bl.spamcop.net dnsbl.sorbs.net psbl.surriel.com bl.mailspike.net swl.spamhaus.org*-4 list.dnswl.org=127.[0..255].[0..255].0*-2 list.dnswl.org=127.[0..255].[0..255].1*-3 list.dnswl.org=127.[0..255].[0..255].[2..255]*-4

iRedMail enables 2 DNSBL sites by default: zen.spamhaus.org, b.barracudacentral.org. You can replace them 2 by the new settings mentioned in our upgrade tutorial.

For other DNSBL sites, you have to take care of them yourself.

Re: 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 upgrade issues

OK, thanks, I think I've got it handled.

--BIll