1 (edited by Martin 2019-02-11 22:53:10)

Topic: [SOLVED] Rsyslog crash on weekly logrotate iRedMail 0.9.9 and Debian 9

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi,

I make a new install of iRedMail 0.9.9 on Debian Stretch.
Each week after log rotation all log file are empty (syslog, mail.log, auth.log, ...). I need to restart rsyslog service then log are working again until next sunday.
I didn't have this issue with iRedMail 0.9.8, I wonder if this issue could be related 0.9.9 but I didn't try if this issue is reproducible yet.

Has anyone else encountered the same issue?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVED] Rsyslog crash on weekly logrotate iRedMail 0.9.9 and Debian 9

Sounds like logrotate didn't restart rsyslog service (or other similar actions) to recreate new (empty) log file.
Please check /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog to make sure it has "postrotate" commands.

Re: [SOLVED] Rsyslog crash on weekly logrotate iRedMail 0.9.9 and Debian 9

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
I didn't found error in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog.
I replace the postrotate command in /etc/logrotate.d/php7.0-fpm with the command from the package and now weekly rotation work fine.

postrotate
        /usr/lib/php/php7.0-fpm-reopenlogs
    endscript

I didn't try yet with an installation out of the box if this issue is reproducible with Debian 9.