Topic: Migrating to new VM box

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): n/a
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I am considering moving my mailserver onto a cloudVM, as part of which I am considering a pro license - mostly to simplify the management of a catchall account and a few other simple things which I am currently doing by getting into the guts of iRedmail at present. I am looking for a quick setup this time - and yes I did look at the webinstall option but that is too much ongoing cost for me as it is really just a personal use thing.

I may subsequently want to move this server back to my home location. Can I move the pro license at that time or will it require a new license? The time difference is likely to be less than 6 months if it is moved back.

Your work on this is much apprecaited.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrating to new VM box

chc-pr wrote:

I may subsequently want to move this server back to my home location. Can I move the pro license at that time or will it require a new license? The time difference is likely to be less than 6 months if it is moved back.

- I don't understand why the move will take 6 months, it's really too long to move a server.
- If you need to run one iRedAdmin-Pro license on 2 or more servers, you need to buy licenses for each server. But usually it's acceptable (and no need to buy a new one) if you're just migrating server and it runs on 2 servers for a short time, e.g. less than 1 month.