1 (edited by dklann 2019-02-08 07:25:41)

Topic: Nginx Configuration and RoundCube Webmail

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 18.04 (current)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MariaDB 10.1.34
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

Greetings! Thank you Zhang Huangbin for creation and for ongoing support of iRedMail. I have used it for several years and love the completeness and security of the whole suite.

A couple years ago I tried to run a web site along with iRedAdmin and RoundCube on the same Nginx instance. I have since given up trying to configure that. Now, although the iRedAdmin web pages render fine, nginx cannot find RoundCube. After re-directing from the base URL to https://hostname/mail/ it simply returns 404. I have enabled "debug" in the logs, but that does not help me understand.

I have attached the full nginx configuration (via

nginx -T

).

I very much appreciate any help folks can offer. I would be happy to provide nginx logs as well.

Thanks!

David Klann

Post's attachments

nginx-conf-2019-02-07-181034 17.74 kb, 5 downloads since 2019-02-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Nginx Configuration and RoundCube Webmail

dklann wrote:

Now, although the iRedAdmin web pages render fine, nginx cannot find RoundCube.

It's very possible that URLs of Roundcube are overwritten by some other `location` directives.

Nginx loads config files in order, so the URLs defined in `location` directives will be loaded in order, and first match wins.
I suggest you double check the nginx config files and the `location` directives.

P.S. It's time to clean up your nginx config files and organize them into config snippet files for easier management, your nginx config file contains duplicate settings.

Re: Nginx Configuration and RoundCube Webmail

Thanks for your thoughts @ZhangHuangbin! I'll check the Roundcube URLs.

My nginx configs are in small snippet files. That configuration file I uploaded is the output of `nginx -T` where it combines all the configs into a single stream of output. I'll double check and remove the duplicates...

Thanks!