Topic: Gmail - POP3: Connection timed out
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
The mail server is set up and sending/receiving fine. I am also able to set up my email@example.com account with Thunderbird.
The problem is, when I try get Gmail to retrieve mail via POP3, it never connects via secure/insecure. I have tried ports 110 and 995. I also followed this guide because I don't think Gmail uses STARTTLS... https://docs.iredmail.org/allow.insecur … tions.html But it didn't make a difference anyway.
Do you know what's up?
Is there a outsider connection log I can look at on the mail server?