Topic: Different password for Roundcube and external IMAP/SMTP
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.99
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? N
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Is it possible to have the Roundcube password, and the password that's used for IMAP and SMTP connections (such as when using a mail app), be different?
I would like to do this because I've set up 2 factor auth via a plugin on round cube, but this is essentially useless for the moment. But since the Roundcube password is the same as the IMAP/SMTP password, then someone with the password could access the emails anyway through a 3rd party mail app and bypass Roundcube.
Are there any instructions available as to how this could be done?