1 (edited by giu9898 2019-04-10 05:09:53)

Topic: Different password for Roundcube and external IMAP/SMTP

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.99
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? N
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Is it possible to have the Roundcube password, and the password that's used for IMAP and SMTP connections (such as when using a mail app), be different?

I would like to do this because I've set up 2 factor auth via a plugin on round cube, but this is essentially useless for the moment. But since the Roundcube password is the same as the IMAP/SMTP password, then someone with the password could access the emails anyway through a 3rd party mail app and bypass Roundcube.

Are there any instructions available as to how this could be done?

Thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Different password for Roundcube and external IMAP/SMTP

giu9898 wrote:

Is it possible to have the Roundcube password, and the password that's used for IMAP and SMTP connections (such as when using a mail app), be different?

No.

giu9898 wrote:

I would like to do this because I've set up 2 factor auth via a plugin on round cube

How about use another SQL column for your 2FA secret code/password?