Topic: change password constraints
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I need to temporarily change the allowable password constraints.
https://docs.iredmail.org/iredadmin-pro … olicy.html suggests editing default_settings.py
but at the end of ...
https://forum.iredmail.org/topic15461-l … ntion.html
Again, you can find default setting in /opt/www/iredadmin/libs/default_settings.py (Do not modify this file).
I should add that I have modified the default_settings.py file as suggested in the first url and restarted the server but it maintains the restrictive settings, not the temporary new looser ones.
So how do I modify the password constraints to temporarily allow less restrictive passwords please?
Thank you Zhang