1 (edited by chc-pr 2019-04-16 05:41:10)

Topic: change password constraints

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I need to temporarily change the allowable password constraints.

https://docs.iredmail.org/iredadmin-pro … olicy.html suggests editing default_settings.py
but at the end of ...
https://forum.iredmail.org/topic15461-l … ntion.html
you state
Again, you can find default setting in /opt/www/iredadmin/libs/default_settings.py (Do not modify this file).

I should add that I have modified the default_settings.py file as suggested in the first url and restarted the server but it maintains the restrictive settings, not the temporary new looser ones.

So how do I modify the password constraints to temporarily allow less restrictive passwords please?

Thank you Zhang

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: change password constraints

On Ubuntu 18.04, iRedAdmin(-Pro) config file is /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py, please add your custom settings in this file.

File /opt/www/iredadmin/libs/default_settings.py is just for default settings, it will be overrode every time you upgrade iRedAdmin(-Pro), but /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py will be copied to upgraded version.

Re: change password constraints

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

On Ubuntu 18.04, iRedAdmin(-Pro) config file is /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py, please add your custom settings in this file.

File /opt/www/iredadmin/libs/default_settings.py is just for default settings, it will be overrode every time you upgrade iRedAdmin(-Pro), but /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py will be copied to upgraded version.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.