Topic: Error: Account does not exist. when renaming / changing email address

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 MYSQL edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have an issue when Changing email address from some users, I click the "Change email address" link in the user and input the new email, hit apply button and  the system shows Error: Account does not exist.

I use the iredadmin restful api and what I have noticed is that it occurs with accounts that I had used the api to change the users email address ->  /api/user/<mail>/change_email/<new_mail>
(the api didn't made the change by the way)

With accounts that haven't changed through the API I can change the email just fine.

I have, since the problem, changed the email directly from the mailbox table for the problematic users. But I don't know how to fix it without having to go to the database, any ideas?

Post's attachments

CropperCapture[296].jpg
CropperCapture[296].jpg 5.12 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error: Account does not exist. when renaming / changing email address

Do you mean:

- if we change the email address with RESTful API, it doesn't work.
- but if we go to iRedAdmin-Pro web UI and change the same user's email address, it displays this "Account does not exist" error?

Question: did you even update this user's profile in SQL database manually BEFORE calling the RESTful API?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you mean:

- if we change the email address with RESTful API, it doesn't work.
- but if we go to iRedAdmin-Pro web UI and change the same user's email address, it displays this "Account does not exist" error?

Question: did you even update this user's profile in SQL database manually BEFORE calling the RESTful API?

I did some tests and couldn't find the source of the problem.
I tried changing an email for a NEW user through API and through Web UI and I was successfull.

However for the problematic users if I try with the API I get the following response: "NEW_EMAIL_ALREADY_EXISTS"
And if I try Web UI I get: "Error: Account does not exist."

I don't know what caused the problematic users to become like that.
And I haven't updated these problematic users in the database before.

I found the problem!

In the table forwardings the new email already existed, so I just removed it and it worked.